WARRANTY AND TERMS OF REPAIR SERVICE
These terms and conditions govern the relationship between Mobile Expert and the Customer in the provision of the Services. The Customer agrees to be bound by all terms and conditions in order to continue the booking for Services.
1. BER means Beyond Economical Repair, wherein a device’s estimated cost of repair exceeds its replacement value.
2. Customer means the person engaging between Mobile Expert to provide the Services and any third party whom the Customer has expressly or impliedly authorised to act on their behalf.
3. Faulty part means a part that is deemed to be faulty and/or working incorrectly as determined by Mobile Expert, the manufacturer and its authorised service providers.
4. Personal Information means all information provided by the User to Mobile Expert in connection with these Terms where such information is identified as confidential at the time of its disclosure or ought to be reasonably considered confidential based on its content, nature or the manner of its disclosure, but excluding:
(a) information that enters the public domain or is disclosed to a party by a third party, other than through a breach of these Terms; and
(b) information developed independently by a party.
5. Services means the booking for repair services, check repair status services provided by Mobile Expert through the Site. This includes Services currently offered by Mobile Expert and any Services or products that Mobile Expert may choose to offer in the future.
6. TAT means Turnaround Time.
SERVICE FEES AND QUOTES
1. Quotes are quoted upfront. However, Mobile Expert reserves the right to amend or change the quote during the repair process.
2. A nominal service and inspection fee of $20 for mobiles, $30 for tablets, and $50 for laptops will be charged for a rejected quote.
3. Mobile Expert will charge an inspection fee of $20 for mobiles, $30 for tablets, and $50 for laptops that were unable to repair successfully or alternatively the Customer may waive the payment of this service fee in lieu of handing title of the Customer’s device to Mobile Expert.
4. You may reject quotes in the event that there is a mistake or error on the promotions and specials listed on the Mobile Expert website. We will waive the service fee in this event.
1. Mobile Expert repairs phones, tablets and other mobile devices. Mobile Expert reserves the right to refuse a request for Services or a Customer.
2. The Customer acknowledges and agrees that a repair by Mobile Expert (a third-party repairer, i.e. not accredited by the Customer’s device’s manufacturer):
3. May void the Customer’s device’s manufacturer’s warranty; or
4. May void out of warranty service or support by the Customer’s device’s manufacturer: or
5. May void waterproof warranties provided by the manufacturer.
6. The Customer acknowledges and agrees that Mobile Expert may need to use the Customer’s device and sim card to make test calls at the Customer’s expense.
7. In the event that Mobile Expert, the manufacturer or its authorised representative, or an appointed repair centre by Mobile Expert, in their sole discretion finds that Mobile Expert is responsible for damage, or further damage to the Customer’s device which causes the device to have other issues or become irreparable, then Mobile Expert will either repair the damage, or issue the Customer a replacement device, or pay an amount equivalent to the market value of the device when it was brought in for repair, at its election. However, the Customer acknowledges and agrees that:
(i). If the device is opened or in any way tampered with after the repair has been completed (which Mobile Expert shall decide);
(ii). If the device suffered impact damage, liquid damage, or any other fundamental problems at the time it was brought in to Mobile Expert for repair;
(a) if Mobile Expert is unable to repair the fault on the device and a further fault related to the original fault surfaces;
(b) if the device was disassembled at the time it was brought in to Mobile Expert for repair; or
(c) if the Customer provided the parts to be used for the device at the time it was brought in to Mobile Expert for repair,
then Mobile Expert will not be liable for any damage to or malfunctioning of the device.
(iii). The Customer acknowledges and agrees that the Customer’s device may have other additional faults than those first diagnosed. We are not responsible for a device which, upon examination has further faults and/or damage which results in the device subsequently not operating at all or not operating in the manner in which it did prior to Mobile Expert examining it.
8. TAT provided is an estimate only. Mobile Expert will not be liable for any loss or damage for any reasonable delays in the TAT. Any changes to the TAT will be relayed to the Customer. The TAT may be longer than expected depending on various factors, including but not exclusive to the complexity of the faults, availability of parts, or damage during the repair process. TAT for any rework or warranty claims may take longer than standard repair TAT.
9. Parts may be faulty, incorrect or out of stock. In the event that Mobile Expert needs to order in new parts for the Customer’s repair, Mobile Expert will advise the Customer and provide the Customer with a new TAT for the completion of the repair. The Customer is not automatically entitled to a discount when this occurs.
10. Parts for devices presented for repair may be replaced with new or refurbished parts of the same type rather than being repaired. All cosmetic or visible parts used in the repair are new when purchased from the manufacturer or its authorised representatives. From time to time, depending on availability, refurbished parts may be used to repair the Customer’s device. For all cosmetic or visible parts that require replacement, Mobile Expert will not seek the Customer’s approval prior to using the refurbished parts unless the refurbished parts looks visibly refurbished.
11. Mobile Expert may give discounts on orders on a case by case basis.
1. Mobile Expert may, at its sole discretion, provide the Customer with loan equipment to use whilst the Customer’s device is being repaired, free of charge.
2. Mobile Expert makes no guarantees that any loan equipment are identical to or similar to the Customer’s device or that they are available at any time.
3. In the event that the Customer lose and not return or damage or in any way materially alter the loan equipment while it is in the Customer’s possession, Mobile Expert will charge the Customer a surcharge for its replacement.
1. While Mobile Expert will take reasonable precautions during the repair process, we are not responsible or liable for any loss of data, photos, videos, device settings or any other specific user aspects from the Customer’s device. We recommend that the Customer back up the Customer’s device prior to handing it over to us for repair.
2. Mobile Expert will not back up the Customer’s device unless specifically requested by the Customer and this is recorded on the prima facie Mobile Expert receipt prior to the start of the repair process.
3. Mobile Expert will attempt to back up the Customer’s data during the repair process if we believe there is a higher risk for loss of data during the repair process.
4. If the Customer requests Mobile Expert to back up their data or other aspect of their device, the Customer acknowledges and agrees that Mobile Expert does not and cannot guarantee that the data etc. will be backed up accurately or at all. Customer is responsible for all data before and after the repair of device whether or not it has instructed Mobile Expert to back up the device.
1. Mobile Expert will ensure that any personal information disclosed to us for the whole repair process will be kept confidential. We will not distribute the Customer’s personal information to third parties unless it is in accordance with the repair requirements.
2. During the repair process we may require access to the Customer’s personal information/application to complete the repair.
3. By submitting the Customer’s device for repair, the Customer acknowledges and consents to the Customer’s email address being included in the Mobile Expert mailing list. Mobile Expert sends out commercial electronic messages to its mailing list for promotional purposes or to update the Customer on any changes in its services and policies. The Customer is able to unsubscribe to the Mobile Expert mailing list at any time.
4. Mobile Expert may divulge the Customer’s personal information if criminal activity is involved or if requested by law enforcement.
1. Mobile Expert provides a 6 months warranty on labour and parts used to repair the device.
2. The following warranties apply for:
(a) devices with a liquid damage history, Mobile Expert only provides a 30-day warranty on labour and parts used to repair the device;
(b) devices that were previously repaired by another repairer, third parties, or the manufacturer, Mobile Expert only provides a 6 months warranty on labour and parts;
(c) devices that are repaired using parts provided by the Customer, Mobile Expert provides no warranty on labour and parts;
(d) devices that, in Mobile Expert’s sole discretion, are in bad condition, then Mobile Expert has the option to provide no warranty on labour and parts. In this case, the Customer will be notified by Mobile Expert first prior to going ahead with the repair.
3. Both the warranties contained in 7.1 and 7.2 do not include any warranties or guarantees that the Customer’s device will continue to function for an indefinite period of time. Mobile Expert can only provide warranties for the services it has provided the Customer. There may be other issues that contribute to the functioning of the Customer’s device, including but not exclusive to fair wear and tear, age, and environmental factors.
4. Mobile Expert will only repair or replace the parts used in the repair of the device. Mobile Expert sources parts from manufacturers, their authorised representatives or third-party wholesalers. Mobile Expert can only guarantee that parts sourced from the manufacturers and their authorised representatives as genuine. However, Mobile Expert cannot and does not provide any guarantee regarding the genuineness of parts sourced from third party wholesalers or original parts assembled and sold by third party wholesalers and as such, Mobile Expert will not be liable for any loss or damage arising thereof. The Customer is responsible for querying Mobile Expert in person for the types of parts to be used in the repair of the Customer’s device prior to booking.
If the Customer requires rework of the device due to faulty parts or the Customer are not happy with the result of the repair, Mobile Expert may rework on the Customer’s phone as soon as possible.
Mobile Expert cannot place the rework as priority due to the queue of orders, availability of parts or the complexity of rework.
The Customer acknowledges and agrees that warranty will be void if:
(a) the device is subject to physical damage or liquid damage after repair; or
(b) the device is opened by any third party (excluding any Mobile Expert authorised repair centres or the manufacturer) or the Customer after repair; or
(c) there is physical damage to the parts after repair; or
(d) the parts are damaged by any third party or the Customer after repair not related to the original fault and or the parts replaced.
A replacement part supplied by Mobile Expert during the warranty period shall be covered by the warranty for the unexpired portion of the warranty period which covered the labour and genuine or non-genuine parts used to repair the device.
NON-STANDARD REPAIR WARRANTY
1. The Customer may request Mobile Expert and Mobile Expert may accept a Customer’s request to undertake non-standard repairs. If so, the following terms and conditions apply.
2. Liquid damage repair
(a) The Customer acknowledges and agrees that Mobile Expert and the Customer’s device manufacturer do not recommend repairs on liquid damaged devices.
(b) If the Customer requests Mobile Expert to undertake liquid damage repairs on a device, the Customer acknowledges and agrees that Mobile Expert is not responsible for any damage or problems, whether or not connected to the liquid damage, that may present during or after the liquid damage repairs.
(c) The Customer acknowledges and agrees that the device’s manufacturer warranty has been voided either by liquid damage and or repair by Mobile Expert.
(d) Mobile Expert will charge an inspection fee of $49 for devices Mobile Expert was unable to repair successfully.
(e) Mobile Expert offers a 30-day warranty on liquid damage repairs. If the Customer returns the device within this period, Mobile Expert may assess the device and offer:
(i) a refund of the repair price paid to Mobile Expert less a $49 liquid damage service fee; or
(ii) a full refund subject to the Customer forfeiting the device to Mobile Expert.
3. Glass only repairs
(a) The Customer acknowledges and agrees that Mobile Expert and your device manufacturer do not recommend glass only repairs on screens with glass, digitiser, and LCD attached together with clear adhesives (fused screens).
(b) If the Customer requests Mobile Expert to undertake glass only repairs on a device with a fused screen, the Customer acknowledges and agrees that Mobile Expert is not responsible for any damage or problems, whether or not connected to the fused screen, that may present after the glass only repairs.
(c) The Customer acknowledges and agrees that by requesting and allowing Mobile Expert to undertake glass only repairs on the device with a fused screen, the Customer void’s the device’s manufacturer warranty.
(d) Mobile Expert cannot guarantee that parts used in the glass only repair will be genuine. The Customer agrees that if glass for the device is not available, Mobile Expert may remove the assembly and replace it with a similar assembly. The old assembly is forfeited to Mobile Expert and will be used in other repairs.
(e) The Customer further acknowledges and agrees that there may be visible imperfections after the glass only repairs, including but not exclusive to lifting or damage caused by lifting, scratches on the frame, bezel or LCD, small dust particles under the glass, or glue residue.
(f) Mobile Expert does not provide any warranty on lifting or damage caused by lifting.
(g) Mobile Expert offers a 30-day warranty on glass only repairs restricted only to the functioning of LCD, Touch Screen / Digitiser, and the buttons.
If the Customer returns the device within this period, Mobile Expert may assess the device and offer:
(i) a refund of the repair price paid to Mobile Expert less a nominal service fee in accordance with clause 2.3; or
(ii) a full refund subject to the Customer forfeiting the device to Mobile Expert.
1. Mobile Expert will, subject to payment of all amount owing to it under these Terms, hand over the device to any person who delivers a prima facie Mobile Expert receipt of device. Mobile Expert is not obligated to determine the bonafides of the person claiming title of the device when a person delivers over a prima facie Mobile Expert receipt of device and in no way shall Mobile Expert be liable in any way to the Customer where the device is handed to a third party who is in fact not entitled to the device but for the fact of claiming title of the device through the presentation of the receipt.
2. Where a Customer loses a receipt of device, Mobile Expert may at its discretion establish the Customers title to the device in any reasonable manner it deems fit. If, in its reasonable opinion, Mobile Expert establishes title to a device in this manner, Mobile Expert shall in no way be liable to the Customer where it is subsequently determined that Mobile Expert has been a party to fraud or other method of identification theft.
3. Where a Customer wishes to have a third party pick up a device, Mobile Expert may at its discretion establish the third party’s identification to ensure that it may pick up the device on behalf of the Customer in any reasonable manner it deems fit. If, in its reasonable opinion, Mobile Expert establishes the identification of the third party who is to pick up the device for a Customer in this manner, Mobile Expert shall in no way be liable to the Customer where it is subsequently determined that Mobile Expert has been a party to fraud or other method of identification theft.
4. The Customer acknowledges and agrees that the Customer forfeit the Customer’s device to Mobile Expert and Mobile Expert has the right to recycle the Customer’s device within 30 days if;
(a) the contact details the Customer provide Mobile Expert are not correct; or
(b) after the completion of the repair and advice of repair cost, no payment or arrangement for the collection of the device and payment of Mobile Expert’s fees has been received; or
(c) after Mobile Expert has provided a quote and no response has been received; or
(d) after Mobile Expert has advised the Customer that the device is BER and no payment or arrangement for the collection of the device and payment of Mobile Expert’s fees has been received.
5. If the Customer fail to contact Mobile Expert after Mobile Expert have attempted to contact the Customer within this 30-day period, the Customer’s conduct will constitute consent to forfeit the Customer’s device to Mobile Expert in lieu of payment.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
1. The Customer agrees that we shall not be liable for any damage of any kind whatsoever suffered as a result with the subject of these Terms. In no event shall we be liable for any indirect, punitive, special, incidental or consequential damage (including loss or interruption of business, revenue, profits, use, privacy, data, goodwill or other economic advantage) however it arises, whether for breach of contract or in tort, even if it has been previously advised of the possibility of such damage.
2. Without limiting the foregoing, in no event will Mobile Expert’s aggregate liability to the Customer exceed, in total, the market value of the device when it is brought in for repair.
3. The Customer acknowledges and agrees that the scope of service Mobile Expert extends only to the repair of devices. Mobile Expert disclaims any and all liability for any damage of any kind whatsoever suffered as a result of any third party software or application installation or operation of third party software or application. All claims relating to third party software must be made under the relevant third party software end user licence agreements.
These Terms, and the documents expressly referred to in them, constitute the entire agreement between the Customer and Mobile Expert, and supersede all previous discussions, correspondence, negotiations, previous arrangements, understanding or agreement between the Parties relating to the Services.
The Parties each acknowledge that, in entering into these Terms, neither of the Parties relies on, and subsequently will have any remedies for, any representation or warranty that is not set out in these Terms.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
- These Terms are governed by the laws of the State of Queensland, Australia and each party submits to the jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Queensland, Australia.
If you have any questions about this warranty, terms of service, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this site, please contact us at:
This document was last updated on December 2018